The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 requires that RB Best Solutions, a care provider to ensure the privacy of all client information, otherwise referred to as “protected health information” or “P.H.I.” that could be used to determine the identity of the client.
As the client, or parent(s)/guardians wants to make sure that you understand your rights to privacy and confidentiality of personally identifiable care information, or P.H.I., and that you have the right to refuse to allow RB Best Solutions, a care provider to use your health or care information in certain ways, without your
That all personally identifiable information in your file will be: kept confidential, and in case where release of this information is required by law or
regulation or to protect the public health.
- Personally identifiable information cannot be used by RB Best Solutions a Care Provider to market products or services to you, or provide you with
information about products or services available to you, without your our express written permission.
- Personally identifiable information cannot be disclosed by RB Best Solutions a Care Provider to its affiliates or other organizations for use by those
affiliates or organizations to market products or services to you, or provide you with information about products or services available to you, without your express written
- You may request a listing of any and all individuals or organizations who have requested access to personally identifiable information contained in your
medical record. Requests for this information should be sent to the Director.
- You may refuse to allow disclosure of personally identifiable information to religious organizations or social service agencies, except in cases where such a
disclosure is required by law or regulation.
- You may refuse to allow disclosure of personally identifiable information, including information on medical condition and status, to family members, except
in those cases where the family member is the parent/guardian of a client and disclosure of this information is required in order to obtain consent for treatment.
Clients or the parent(s)/guardians of minor clients will be asked to review and acknowledge that they have received a copy of these privacy rights upon
admission to a RB Best Solutions a copy of this acknowledgment will be kept in the client's file.